Heart Sounds International exists to help ignite biblically appropriate and culturally relevant heart worship, especially in places where Christ-followers are restricted, persecuted or unknown.
Since God has fashioned each people group with their own cultural and linguistic distinctives, He is most glorified when these unique gifts are offered back to him in worship. These culturally-appropriate forms of Christian worship result in a far greater release of energy, life, and passion.
Heart Sounds International (HSI) is a volunteer fellowship of people passionately desiring to glorify God by facilitating indigenous forms of Christ-centered worship among different people groups of the world through music, the arts, and video. We have carried out over 100 projects on five continents, working mostly with emerging churches. Our projects typically involve sending teams that include worship musicians and recording engineers. HSI is a part of OM Arts.
We do this by:
- Celebrating and facilitating heart worship through music, media, and related arts
- Developing relationships (teaching, training, mentoring, mobilizing, and partnering) with both Western and non-Western Christ-followers
- Facilitating the production and distribution of media resources
Our mandate is to partner with local churches, ministries, and mission organizations to facilitate indigenous Christ-centered worship, primarily through music. This partnership involves teaching on worship, facilitating song-writing workshops and concerts, and producing audio and video recordings.
OM (Operation Mobilisation) works in over 110 countries, motivating and equipping people to share God’s love with people all over the world. OM wants to see vibrant communities of Jesus followers among the least reached.
OM Arts is building a global movement of artists on mission. Focussing on the world’s least reached, our network of artists create space for people to be moved by God’s beauty.
OM Arts helps partnering field ministries create opportunities for artists to employ their gifting—from across the street or around the world. We then invest in these artists through mobilising prayer, print and digital resources, training events and an international network of mentors. In all this, OM Arts loves to cultivate thriving artists who help communities of Jesus followers be vibrant.
|Knowing and glorifying God
Living in submission to God’s Word
Being people of grace & integrity
Loving & valuing people
Evangelising the world
|Reflecting the diversity of the body of Christ
Esteeming the church
What We Believe
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the absolute deity and full humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ. We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, the authenticity of His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection and His present mediatorial work in heaven.
- We believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit. We believe He gives life, He sanctifies, He empowers and comforts all believers.
- We believe that the Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments in their original texts, are fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, without error, and are the final authority for the Church.
- We believe that man was originally created sinless. Tempted by Satan, man fell and thereby brought the whole race under the condemnation of eternal separation from God.
- We believe that man is saved through repentance and faith in the finished work of Christ. Justification is through grace alone.
- We believe that the Church is the body of Jesus Christ composed of all true believers. The present work of the Church is the worship of God, the perfecting of the saints and the evangelisation of the world.
- We believe in the personal and bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ to consummate our salvation and establish His glorious Kingdom.